Love Film? Curious about the technical development of some of your most favourite productions? This might be the job you have been looking for:
As a provider of cutting-edge on set digital solutions for the motion picture industry you will play a very important part of the enjoyment of film and TV consumption. The aim of the business is to provide the finest bespoke video playback, DIT and data management systems that serve both the creativity of the Cinematographer and Director, as well as maintain efficiency throughout the production process. They provide services to studio features including Universal, Netflix, and Amazon to name a few. As the demand for TV and film consumption increased this business is growing rapidly and as a result they are looking for a new member to join their Field Solutions team.
The role is ideal opportunity for someone with a keen interest in the technical side of the film and TV industry to develop their knowledge and experience in a dynamic and supported environment.
What are we looking for?
Someone who has a good understanding and interest in the Film and TV industry. Experience within the AV and broadcasting sectors. Hands on experience with working with broadcast technology and familiarity with warehouse and logistics management. Along with a great attitude, a passion for learning and a team player.
Here is some of the things you will be involved with:
- As a technical role, it requires a good understanding of computers, kit building/wiring and broadcast technology.
- Designing and building a range of company kit, including DIT, video playback and data management rigs •
- Working closely with technicians to implement customisation as required
- Providing technical support and assistance to technicians
- Supporting and developing junior staff members
- Assisting the Field Solutions Manager with day-to-day running of our in-house systems
- Collaborating with all teams within the business to ensure the smooth running of projects
- Carrying out research and testing of new hardware and software tools
- Setting up and/or assisting in demonstrations of kit for technicians, staff and clients
Skills and Experience:
- A self starter who is organised, curious and proactive
- Able to work to deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong understanding and interest in AV and broadcasting technology
- Technical knowledge of video/power cables standards
- Basic electrical knowledge, including electrical wiring and soldering
- Some knowledge of modern cinema cameras formats, resolutions and capture methods
- Good IT skills: documents, spreadsheets, presentations
- Knowledge of Mac computer operating systems
- Knowledge of terminal and coding desirable but not essential
In return, you’ll get to work with a dedicated and friendly team, and be involved in some of the most exciting digital film projects currently being shot both here in the UK and abroad.
This company is big on work/life balance and your working week is 35hr. Helping you grow and support your career ambitions is part major of the benefits. You will be a part of a business that is constantly changing, and exciting giving the successful candidate lots of opportunity to learn and grow.
If you are prepared to work hard, they will take good care of you.
Send your application with a cover letter stating why you are interested in the role and your favourite film or TV programme.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £28,000.00-£34,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounted or free food
- Employee discount
- Free parking
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Sick pay
- Wellness programme